About St. Joseph
Spiritual Leadership: Fr. Todd O. Strange
Fr. Todd Strange was born in Bedford, Indiana in 1966. He grew up near Bloomington and attended public schools. He converted to Catholicism as an adult, having gone through RCIA at St. James Cathedral in Seattle. He earned his undergraduate degree in Religious Studies from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee and completed his graduate studies and priestly formation at Sacred Heart School of Theology in Hales Corners, Wisconsin. He was ordained a priest in June of 2009 for the Archdiocese of Seattle. He served his first two years as Parochial Vicar at a cluster of six parishes in Lewis and Pacific counties. Fr. Todd began his assignment at St. Joseph on July 1, 2011, and was named Pastor for a 6-year term beginning July 1, 2015.
FOUR CORE VALUES
Prayer: With a foundation that is our communal worship offered to God in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, we seek to ever-develop the spiritual life of our community and its individuals through a life rooted in prayer, especially in association with the Sacraments.
Teaching: We foster life-long learning—in our parish school and in our faith formation programs for all ages, and in preaching—which seeks to form the mind and heart in accord with the Church that Jesus entrusted to his disciples and their successors, utilizing Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and guidance from the living Magisterium.
Service: In response to Jesus’ call to serve the least of his brothers and sisters (Matthew 25), we reach out in his name to those in need—the hungry, the poor, the sorrowful, those in the margins—here and abroad (The Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy).
Community: Inspired by the words of St. Paul (1 Corinthians 12), we employ the diverse range of gifts given to us for the work set before this parish and its Mission. We seek to build a loving community of faith, that makes Jesus known to the larger community around us.
What you can expect from your parish:
- Daily prayers for you and your family by the priests, deacons and fellow parishioners.
- Daily Mass and/or communion available to you six days a week.
- Mass offered for your intention every Sunday.
- The Sacraments available to those who are homebound.
- Programs and resources that helps you to form your heart and mind according to that of Jesus.
- A community that loves you and with you, seeks conversion of heart, leading to deeper life in Christ.
- Opportunities to utilize your time and talents through various ministries.
What your parish asks of you as a Disciple of Jesus Christ:
- Regular attendance at Masses on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Stewardship of your time, talent, and treasure: contribute to our parish’s Mission.
- Nurture the life of the faith in the home: through prayer, learning and honoring the Sabbath.
- Have an active life of prayer in addition to our parish liturgies.
- Study the faith regularly, through parish faith formation programs and personal study.
- Be active in the life of the Sacraments, especially the Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- Strive to live as Jesus lived: with humility, simplicity and transformative love.
- Evangelize and draw others into the life of this faith.
The Church is located at: 220 Mountain Park Blvd SW, Issaquah, WA 98027
Our mailing address is: PO Box 200, Issaquah, WA 98027
PARISH CONTACT INFORMATION
All staff can be reached by phone at (425) 392-5516. Click on names below for email addresses. General information can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Pastor||Fr. Todd O. Strange
|Weekend Assistant||Fr. Fidelis Umukoro, O.P.
|Ministry of Charity and Services
||Deacon Jack Bleile
Deacon Pat Moynihan
|Pastoral Assistant for Administration||Rosanna Bashinski
|Parish School Principal||Peg Johnston||(425) 313-9129|
|Pastoral Assistant for Childrens Faith Formation
Interim & SAFE Coordinator
|Pastoral Assistant for Youth Ministry
|Pastoral Assistant for Adult Faith Formation||Jill Foglesong||x.228|
|Administrative Assistant for Web and App
|Facilities Supervisor||Brian Bashinski||x.231|
|Facilities Assistant||Mike Lillie
|Music Ministry||Music Ministry||NA|