August is already here! August is dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and there is a Marian Feast Day, The Assumption of Mary, which is a Holy Day of Obligation. We have lots of resources this month to help your family learn more about Mary!
Friday August 3rd, 9:00am: First Friday Mass and Fellowship
Join us for Mass at 9:00 am and some fellowship afterwards at the train park just down the hill from the parish.
Wednesday August 15th: Assumption of Mary (Holy Day of Obligation)
There will be a 9:00am and 6:30pm Mass. See the homepage for a summary of all of the prayer opportunities on the day of.
- August Activities for your Domestic Church: http://www.reallifeathome.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/August_Cath_Fam_Activites.pdf
- All the Saints feast days celebrated in August: http://www.catholic.org/saints/f_day/aug.php
- Activities and Ideas to celebrate the Assumption of Mary: http://www.catholicicing.com/assumption-of-mary-are-you-ready-to/
- Meals for the Morey Family: The Morey Family welcomed sweet little Ethan on July 25th! If you can help them out by providing a meal it would be greatly appreciated. You can sign up on the calendar here: https://takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=AFKB5128
- Help with Hospitality: The coffee and doughnuts team needs help throughout the year, and it is a great way to put in some volunteer hours with the parish. Either for the 8:15 or 10:00 Masses. You can contact Jen Franklin (email@example.com) with any questions and to sign up for a Sunday. We recently started using the ministry scheduling system to sign up for hospitality, so we can get you set up with that if you are not already using it.
Hospitality clean up after the 10:00 Mass: Do you attend the 10:00 or noon Masses? The same few families always clean up after coffee and donuts, and we are in need of help for a few weeks in August. If you can help out just let us know!
Do you have an idea for the family ministry? Or would you like to email the group about an event or opportunity for fellowship? Feel free to send an email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org and it will go to the whole group
We hope you all enjoy this last month of summer with your families. We plan to have more events once the school year starts back up, so stay tuned for those to come!
Your Family Ministry Team